Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018 – Code of Conduct
The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon aims to be a fun, safe and welcoming event for all ages interested in pop culture. The following rules and regulations are for the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018. Breaching any of the rules listed here at any stage of the event may result in you being refused entry, asked to leave and/or banned from future RahCon events.
Please read the entire Code of Conduct. If you are unsure about anything please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also read the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018 Weapons & Props Policy
- Please respect other attendees, Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff and private property. Ignorance of the rules is no basis for exemption. Please read these rules thoroughly before attending the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon.
- The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon is a drug, alcohol and smoke free event.
- Attendees under the age of 11 must be directly supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- There is no ATM available at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon. Please bring appropriate amount of money. Some traders may have EFTPOS facilities, but cannot provide cash out. ATMs can be found in the Mandurah Foreshore area within a 5 minute drive.
- Public transport and car pooling is recommended for getting to and from the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon. There is parking available in the area surrounding the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, however this may be limited as Mandurah can be busy on a Saturday. Please refer to rahconvention.com/transport for more public transport information.
- Approved Cosplay Competition applicants must check in on the day at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon between 10:00am – 1:00pm at the Cosplay registration desk. Please read the Cosplay Competition Rules at rahconvention.com/cosplay-rules before arriving on the day if you are entering the competition.
- In case of an emergency, please remain calm and follow the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon and venue staff directions. If necessary, proceed in a calm fashion to the emergency evacuation areas.
- The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon venue, Mandurah Performing Arts Centre has a limited capacity. This capacity cannot be exceeded so you may be asked to wait before entering the venue if capacity is currently full at the time of you entering.
- Please do not line up for the event any earlier than 9am Saturday 22nd September 2018. If there is a line, please follow Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff and security instructions and be safe at all times. Please do not obstruct pathways, driveways, roads, vehicles or foot traffic.
- There will be 2 lines: one for pre-sales ticket holders (the pre-sale line) and one for paying on the day (the door sale entry line). Only pre-sale ticket holders may line up in the pre-sale line. This line will allow streamlined entry into the event. Attendees without a pre-sale ticket found to be in the pre-sale line will be made to go to the back of the door entry line. Lines may be changed at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon and venue staff’s discretion.
- All people wearing cosplay at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon, regardless of entering in the competition or not will have their costume checked before entering the venue by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff. If they deem that your costume is inappropriate or does not adhere to the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon policies, you will not be permitted entry to the venue. The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon is an all ages event and as such all costumes should be appropriate for all ages.
- Any weapons, props or items brought to the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon must comply with the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018 Weapons & Props Policy. Please read this policy at rahconvention.com/weapons before arriving on the day.
- No flammable or incendiary devices are permitted at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon including but not limited to fireworks and flammable liquids.
- There is no cloakroom at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon. You must be able to move around in your costume and carry props or items you have brought to, or purchased at the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon safely by yourself and must not impede or inconvenience other people. The venue may get crowded so if your costume is causing a problem, then the costume may need to be modified or you may be asked to leave the venue.
- No animals will be allowed on site. The only exception being guide dogs and helper animals as prescribed by law.
- Upon entering the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon (either with your pre-sale ticket or paying at the door) you will receive a wrist band. Please keep this wristband on at all times and show security and Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff when requested. If you are not wearing the wristband, you will not be let back into Act-Belong-Commit RahCon and may be asked to leave.
- The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon is an all ages event. Adult or sexual content (implied or otherwise), obscene gestures, swearing, anti-social behaviour or anything deemed inappropriate by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff is not permitted at any time and may result in your removal from the event.
- Do not swear, threaten, insult, heckle, abuse or physically interact with any of the staff or attendees. Disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Do not touch or hug any Act-Belong-Commit RahCon attendee or staff member without their permission. Please be courteous and respectful of people’s personal space.
- If anyone has made you feel uncomfortable or you witness harassment, offensive, threatening or antisocial behaviour, please speak to the nearest Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff member or Security staff member.
- You must not cause an obstruction to fire exits, doorways, stairs, lines or foot traffic.
- Please look after the venue. No stickers or other items are allowed to be stuck on the venue walls, furniture or private property.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in the main hall.
Screenings, Gaming & Media
- Please read the gaming and screening room’s classification ratings or ask for age recommendations before allowing your child to attend a screening or play a game. We recommend viewing or gaming in the accompaniment of an adult if you are under the age of 15.
- Please have your mobile phone or other electronic devices switched to silent or off during screenings, panels, competitions and performances.
- By entering the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon, you acknowledge and accept that you may be photographed and filmed and that these materials may be used by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon and Mandurah Performing Arts Centre in the future at their discretion.
- No video recording, photography or audio recording is allowed during screenings.
- Any video recording or photography for commercial reasons must be approved by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon prior to the event.
- Photography and video is allowed in other areas of the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon, provided it does not interfere with any Act-Belong-Commit RahCon events, other attendees or foot traffic. Please ask for permission before taking photographs or filming other attendees or cosplayers and respect the wishes of those who do not wish to be photographed or filmed.
The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon and the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre will not be held legally responsible or liable for any misconduct, damages, loss, theft, injuries or death resulting from the actions of any Act-Belong-Commit RahCon attendee. Any inappropriate behaviour or misconduct by any attendee will be not be tolerated by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff or local authorities.