Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018 – Weapons & Props Policy
The Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018 Weapons & Props Policy is a list of rules and regulations for any attendee, trader, volunteer or staff member who attends the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018 with weapons or props. Breaching any of the rules listed here at any stage of the event may result in your removal from the event and serious breaches could result in you being banned from future RahCon events.
Please read the entire Weapons & Props Policy before attending the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon 2018. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund. If you are unsure about anything please contact the Cosplay Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Weapons & Props Policy
1. All Act-Belong-Commit RahCon attendees, traders and staff must comply with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations regarding weapons, imitation weapons and props, as well as their usage.
2. When travelling to and from the Act-Belong-Commit RahCon, please make sure any weapons or props, which could cause public alarm, are stored in a bag or in a storage container.
3. Under no circumstances are any actual weapons allowed to be possessed or brought to the convention grounds by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon attendees. For more detailed descriptions and definitions of banned items, please check the government’s weapons act for Western Australia. Unlawful possession of weapons is an offence.
4. Act-Belong-Commit RahCon attendees are required to have all weapons, imitation replicas and props checked by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff or Security Staff upon entering the event. All weapons deemed unsafe by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff or security will not be allowed into the event.
5. No metal props will be allowed into Act-Belong-Commit RahCon including but not limited to: replica guns, blades and anything sharp or with an edge. A strict weapons policy will be enforced by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon and the venue staff. If you do not surrender a prop when asked, you may be asked to leave the premises.
6. No items can have sharp points, sharp edges, excessive weight or any other features that could be deemed dangerous to others. If the items are not approved during inspection, they are forbidden on convention grounds. Non-approved items must be securely stored in the attendee’s hotel room, vehicle or home. Failure to comply will result in being escorted off the event premises and banned from the event.
7. Misuse of any prop weapon, such as swinging it in a public area or causing a hazard to attendees, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe for the convention. If a weapon or prop is deemed unsafe for the event due to misuse, it must be removed.
8. The following items are forbidden at Act-Belong-Commit RahCon:
• Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
• Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
• Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
• Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
• Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
• Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
• Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
• Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
• Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
• Any prop weapons over 1 metre in length
9. If firearm or projectile weapons are deemed unacceptable by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff or security staff, local authorities will be contacted. Mandurah Performing Arts Centre will not be held legally responsible or liable for any misconduct, damages, loss, theft, injuries or death resulting from the actions of any Act-Belong-Commit RahCon attendee. Any inappropriate behaviour or misconduct by any attendee will be not be tolerated by Act-Belong-Commit RahCon staff or local authorities.